- Ex Clifford Chance and Berwin Leighton Paisner
Richard has spent 20 years as a commercial lawyer in international law firms, the last 10 years as a partner in one of the City’s top-rated IT and commercial teams.
Richard advises on a wide range of technology and commercial transactions, including outsourcing (ITO and BPO), managed services, managed global networks, system development and software licensing. He also advises on the IT and technology aspects of business sales. He has advised a huge range of businesses from start-ups to FTSE-100 and multi-national corporations.
Richard has been recognised for many years as a leading lawyer in the IT sector by the legal directories:
- “an unfussy low-key style and deep knowledge of complex technical issues”, Legal 500, 2011
- “noted for his knowledge and experience of the IT industry. He is very thorough and hard-working say clients”, Chambers, 2011
- “a fantastically reliable common-sense lawyer, with a sophisticated knowledge of both legal issues and technical issues”, Chambers, 2012
- “well-liked by clients, a good negotiator for hammering out complex commercial arrangements”, “particularly useful at countering the arguments of the other party’s lawyers” – Chambers, 2014
Richard’s work leading on National Grid’s £1 billion IS Transformation Programme, a series of six major outsourcing deals, won the TMT award at the British Legal Awards 2011.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Richard was a software engineer for a leading software house, designing and building software systems in the defence sector.