Video Games and Apps
Video games and apps make up an important part of Waterfront’s IT and technology sector. We enjoy working with a mix of innovative clients in an industry that is constantly expanding and evolving as a result of the constant developments in new technology and devices.
Waterfront has assisted a number of developers and designers on a range of issues, including:
- App development agreements – setting out the development process, acceptance testing and responsibilities for submission to app-stores.
- Terms and conditions of use – setting out the rights and restrictions on use of the App, advice on compatibility with app-store terms and additional advice on gaining valid acceptance of the terms by users.
- OEM partner agreements – involving the integration of technology into apps, restrictions on use.
The interactive entertainment world is hitting new heights as the range of devices games can be played on continues to grow.
Whether you’re a start up, established indie or major development studio, Waterfront can help with all your contractual requirements, including:
- Development agreements - have you been approached about developing a game on behalf of a publisher or do you have an idea for a game that you want to pursue? You’ll need an agreement to manage the relationship, from the quality of the work, payment terms, ownership of IP and termination.
- Sub-contractor agreements – if you’ve taken on additional developers or other contractors, you’ll need contracts setting out timescales for deliverables, payment and most importantly, you'll also require an intellectual property law firm to determine IP ownership and plan ahead for any potential issues that arise..
- Non-disclosure agreements – are you pitching your idea to investors or publishers? An NDA may help keeping the idea confidential prior to any further contracts being signed.
- Publishing agreements – has a major publisher approached you about distributing your game? Retaining IP is the key to your studios survival and growth. Developers being forced to give up IP is no longer the norm, but your contracts need to accurately reflect that and our copyright solicitors are happy to assist.
Do you need some more help? our technology lawyers have a wealth of experience and expertise to assist you, including support in niche industries. Contact us to find out more. Contact us for a free initial chat about games and apps.