Waterfront has specialist knowledge of the legal issues affecting the engineering industry. We have particular expertise in assisting engineering companies protect, exploit, enforce and defend the intellectual property rights, which subsist in their business.
Examples of our team’s experience in engineering related work include:
- Acting for an engineering firm to enforce its design rights in several products to stop a competitor manufacturing and offering for sale products that infringed our client’s designs.
- Working with an engineering design company to draft and put in place agreements with their manufacturers to ensure that our client’s intellectual property rights in the product designs were sufficiently protected to ensure that the manufacturers could not market the designs themselves or manufacture them other than for our client, together with ensuring that the manufacturer would provide sufficient assurances in relation to quality.
- Advising an engineering firm looking to launch a new product on whether it would infringe the intellectual property in a competitor’s product.
- Acting for a large scale engineering company engaged in North Sea engineering in defending patent litigation proceedings all the way to the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for the owner of innovative plastic cells roofing technology in patent claims brought against building developers.
- Drafting supply and manufacturing agreements for clients developing machinery in the construction and fitness sectors.
Acting for an engineering company to draft and negotiate an intellectual property assignment and licence agreement with a freelance designer on a joint project.
Our team has a thorough understanding of the issues facing engineering companies throughout their life cycle and has also acted for a range of companies and individuals in adjacent sectors.
Please contact our expert engineering team on 020 7234 0200 for your free initial chat.