Intellectual Property Junior Associate (Qualified Litigation Solicitor)
Location: SE1 - London Bridge
An exciting opportunity for a 1-3 year PQE solicitor to join our niche IP/IT practice to work primarily in a contentious IP role. Our client base is diverse, ranging from the very small to larger entities, including international.
The role would ideally suit a junior assistant in a top tier contentious IP practice looking to “break out” in exchange for a different way of life, exciting prospects and quality of work.
You will need to:
- be a first rate lawyer who is up-to-speed with case law and has a proven track record in contentious copyright, trade mark and design right matters. Some knowledge of patent and non-contentious IP matters is also desirable, as is a specialist industry knowledge;
- enjoy client contact and value each client no matter how small;
- be an intuitive self starter who wants to actively participate in the growth of a law firm, manage their own matters and actively help trainees and junior solicitors to become better lawyers;
- enjoy working in a team and both give the very best to, and get the very best from, your colleagues;
- be excited by the prospect of getting involved in marketing the firm and developing and growing your own client base in a supportive environment;
- dislike environments that stifle initiative and impose rigid structures and micromanagement;
- be enthusiastic about providing legal services in a new way that is more laid back and accessible to clients, but no less professional.
We are a niche law firm established by ex-city lawyers who decided that they wanted to work in a more relaxed environment whilst still offering excellent quality of service.
We are proud of our team who, as well as being excellent lawyers (and nice people to boot) focus consistently on building and contributing to the firm to deliver sustained results in all aspects of their professional lives.
Waterfront has established itself as a highly successful niche IP/IT law firm, counting several hundred technology companies and household names amongst its client base. We are well respected in the industry and have been listed in the leading industry directories since 2010.
Waterfront is a young, dynamic and exciting firm where each individual can really make an impact. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a better work-life balance than is offered at more traditional city firms, working in an open plan office, which promotes an exceptionally collaborative and friendly environment.
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience, as well as access to the firm’s pension scheme, private medical insurance and season ticket loan.