Trade marks and brands
In an increasingly crowded and competitive marketplace clients need to protect, enforce and exploit their brands. We are market leaders in advising our clients in this area.
We advise clients across the whole spectrum of trade mark rights and related rights (such as passing off), including: clearance searches, protection and registerability issues, co-ordination and management of trade mark filings, branding and franchise agreements, disputes and litigation.
We have recently been involved in the following high-profile matters:
- Acting for iconic music venue Café Mambo in relation to trade mark infringements carried out by a rival bar.
- Acting for Hesketh Motorcycles in a trade mark infringement dispute.
- Litigation currently before the General Court of the European Union concerning the Kenwood mark KMIX.
- A multi-jurisdictional trade mark dispute in the energy drinks sector concerning the slogan marks “BRING OUT THE BEAST” and “UNLEASH THE BEAST”.
- High Court litigation on behalf of Kenwood (the kitchen appliance manufacturer) in respect of the iconic CHEF trade mark.
- Litigation to protect the trade mark rights relating to the GOPAK range of lightweight folding tables.
- A broad range of trade mark work on behalf of CMC Markets UK Plc.
If you are looking for advice in relation to the protection, exploitation and enforcement of trade marks, please get in touch with our industry recognised expert trade mark lawyers today to arrange a free initial consultation for your trade mark issues.
Visit our London office
Waterfront Solicitors LLP
14 Weller St, London,
London SE1 1QU
Phone: 020 7234 0200