Gaming and Gambling
Gambling is a highly regulated sector, in which an understanding of the law is crucial to enable you to operate and remain compliant. Our lawyers have the capability and experience across a range of practice areas to assist you with any legal needs you may have.
Our gambling and gaming practice has the capability to advise clients on:
- Regulatory – advising in relation to UK gambling regulation, and its impact on your operations, both land based and remote, particularly the Gambling Act 2005, Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice (LCCP), the recently adopted Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act 2014 and the Advertising Standards Authority CAP and BCAP codes in relation to print and broadcast advertising;
- Commercial – we have a wide range of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including Software Licence/Maintenance/Support/Development Agreements, Game Development/Licence Agreements, Services Agreements (platform providers) and White Label Agreements as well as more ancillary documents including Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements and Novations or Variations to existing Agreements;
- Corporate – we can advise and assist you with any corporate re-organisations, employee incentive schemes, investment rounds, M & A, or simply general in house corporate legal assistance such as board minutes, shareholder resolutions, company statutory books and so on;
- Employment – our specialist employment team have the capability to advise you on matters including Directors Service Agreements, Employee Contracts, TUPE regulations and general HR support; and
- Intellectual Property – we have the capability to assist you with the protection and registration of your IP and to contest any infringement of your IP whether that be registered or un-registered IP rights including logos/brands or software (including code).