Fashion and Luxury Goods
Waterfront has an expert knowledge and understanding of the fashion and luxury goods industry and the legal issues affecting it. We have particular expertise in assisting fashion and luxury goods companies to protect, enforce and defend the intellectual property rights that subsist in their products.
Our experience in technology means we are well-equipped to assist those working in the wearable technologies and FashTech sectors, advising on the development of applications for new devices, protecting the IPR in new products when working with designers and manufacturers and drafting commercial agreements which govern the supply and sale of products once brought to market.
Examples of our recent fashion and luxury goods work include:
- Acting for a boutique brand to successfully defend an unregistered design infringement claim made by a luxury goods manufacturer.
- Advising in relation to the proposed use of intellectual property, including trade marks, by an investor in a fashion company.
- Advising on an investment deal which saw two existing fashion names create a new collaborative fashion brand through a joint venture company.
- Acting for a fashion brand owner who was looking to expand into a new territory through an agent. Advising the fashion brand owner on the implication of an e-commerce website and the conditions necessary to ensure the integrity of the brand.
- Advising a national high street fashion retailer on HR and employment matters, in a Virtual HR Advisor role
- Drafting terms of business for bespoke furniture designers and jewellery retailers
- Advising on the management buyout of a leading UK fashion private sales website, with backing from private investors.
Our team has a thorough understanding of the issues facing the fashion and luxury goods industry from new designers to established brands and labels. The Waterfront team has also acted for other individuals and companies within the industry including photographers, models and retailers.
If you would like a chat with our expert team, please contact our fashion & goods team on 020 7234 0200.