Waterfront has particular expertise in assisting companies that provide goods, services and digital content to consumers to fulfil their obligations under e-commerce and consumer goods regulations, and to protect, exploit, enforce and defend the intellectual property rights which subsist in their products.
Examples of our recent work for designers, producers and retailers of consumer products include:
- Acting for Kenwood, the kitchen appliance manufacturer, in several trade mark litigation actions at both the English High Court and the General Court of the European Union.
- Working with a consumer goods manufacturer to make an application to UK Customs to enable counterfeit goods to be seized by customs officers when attempting to enter the UK and other selected European countries.
- Acting for a manufacturer of generic consumer goods to defend a complex intellectual property infringement claim from a brand owner.
- Acting for an online retailer in relation to a program of trade mark infringement actions against “copycat” companies.
- Working with local lawyers across Europe and in Asia to co-ordinate a brand enforcement strategy, stopping sales and manufacture of counterfeit products at source.
- Negotiating with Trading Standards on behalf of an online consumer goods retailer to agree appropriate sale terms and conditions which adequately managed our client’s risks while complying with applicable best practice and law in consumer contracts.
- Drafting website terms for retailers selling products to consumers, ranging from jewellery to tiles to online training materials.
- Performing website audits, to assess whether order processes and information made available to consumers complies with relevant consumer laws and advising on practical measures for compliance.
Our team has worked with consumer goods companies from start ups to FTSE 100 companies, and with a range of roles within the sector including retailers, manufacturers, designers and suppliers to bring depth and breadth to our understanding of this complex sector.
For a free initial chat, please contact our consumer goods experts on 020 7234 0200.